Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Promoting a good cause

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary action. If I cannot find a job by conventional means, then why not enter Project Green Search’s contest to be the next spokeswoman for the green industry?

Everything about this endeavor is outlined on today’s post of The Thrifty Chicks, http://thethriftychicks.blogspot.com/ . Public voting to whittle down contestants to 10 to be screened and interviewed by the final judges was supposed to start this morning.

I had my blog post set and plea for a vote running early this morning for the East Coast to read as they sipped their coffee.

Alas, Project Green Search is behind in their deadline and public voting will not start until tonight at the earliest or perhaps tomorrow. I will send out information as soon as I learn when the polls open.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me your vote and a plug, a boost on your blog.20Perhaps post tomorrow once we know voting is live.

If you do not wish to post a plug, I will certainly understand.

If you wish to leave a comment to my page on Project Green Search, please do so at http://projectgreensearch.com/model-search/model-search-contestants/ Contestants are listed by alpha order by first name. I appear as Shopping Golightly on the 11thor 12th page.
I called Project Green Search to determine what was going on. After learning who I am, the gentleman noted that the judges are looking for “models.” Oh? And a mother can’t model?It seems to me the green industry would be wise to push common sense and green education, not the same old mundane attempts at standard seduction. Who is so foolish to think that common sense and education are not beautiful?Contest eligibly listed no previous modeling experience required and no age limit but for those under 18 needing parental consent.Project Green writes:"Project Green Search is looking for the next “it girl” for the Green Revolution: The woman who wants to take a stand, get noticed, and align her career endeavors with her personal beliefs, to be an advocate for the environment, animal welfare, fair trade, and human rights. She’s=2 0a model, spokesperson, host, brand ambassador and all around green model citizen, for progressive, sustainable, ethical companies, from fashion & beauty to cars & computers."Guess what? That's me!

Besides, many of the contestants didn’t bother to write the required essay and if they wrote something it was a short paragraph. Few actually took the time to write something meaningful. So how are we to know they have the qualifications to be a spokeswoman?

If I sound a bit cheeky, I apologize. I’m trying to take this contest to heart because I take this emerging industry to heart. Plus there’s a lot of stress on my plate as my family has been unemployed for over a year.

Godspeed!Ms Shopping Golightly of The Thrifty Chicks, known to the IRS as Amy Hardin Turosa

No comments:

Post a Comment